Friday, November 5, 2010

November.

Since I started volunteering @ UCLA Medical  Hospital -Speech Clinic, I havent been able to paint my nails! lol. but anyways so I bought this color and I painted my nails :)  havent done so in forever! but yeaa i must remember to take it off by monday tho!

I have to say I really like this color :]



what else. what else? hahah ok i havent blogged here in a while but nail polish definitely isnt my top priority right now :p but I thought it might be somewhat interesting...


OK so what have I really been up to?
School mostly. I just finished 2 midterms and a quiz. Two more to go! Honestly, school is crazy. Can I say that? Wow though, I am grateful for an opportunity to learn though. It is precious indeed. Today I read about Rhett Syndrome. Okkk so most of us have heard about the Autism Spectrum or Pervasive Developmental Disorders, well Rett syndrome is under that spectrum. I have not heard of Rhett Syndrome prior to taking this course. I mean, I feel like the general population has heard of the more popular ones such as  Autism and Asperger. However, I honestly never heard of Rhett syndrome :/ ahhh can I be soo clueless about the world? The most unfortunate thing was, after reading about the syndrome,I was trying to think of someone, anyone who had Rhett I couldn't think of anyone, I continued to read. The next sentence really hit hard as it said that unfortunately girls who have Rhett syndrome often  die in adolescence or early adulthood . dude. honestly , to me that was shocking. i mean to think that I was reading about how I could potentially help someone  with this disorder, only to know that they may not live long? T-T  hellO . I am in early adulthood.

honestly. that was a huge shock. okk but afterward, I read that it was rare, according to the Mayo Clinic. Soo I guess it is significantly less to occur,and maybe that's why I haven't encountered anyone or know of any one w/ it compared to children w/ autism, where the rate is significantly higher.


okkkk . that is all about my readings for today.
One more thing I want to share about regarding school is registration! now everyone knows how impacted majors can be at times and how stressful it can be... however :) Yesterday, I was looking for openings in the classes or additions of new classes and I saw that they opened up a new fluency class :D Praise the Lord, this was like 12:20ish pm ! right before class, so i signed up ASAP and the good news was spread around. Since class started @ 1pm people were borrowing my net book to get into that class :) it was pretty exciting to see how God blessed me and those around me.  and guess whatttttt? today I got an email from yesterday @ 12:20 pm saying they opened up a fluency class! God's timing was so perfect :D yayay. my friend txted me today about it, and she was so thankful and I told her  PTL :) okokk. 


So my grandparents are coming on the 17th... that means major cleaning! .... like freals! I already cleaned up part of my room today. ughh it just reminds me how much i NEED to give away no joke? However, there are some things I would like to give certain people/populations out there. Like... I dont want to jst give it away to ... anyone! like Id want to give it to people that are in need. you know what I mean?


Of course there are things that I have... that IDKK I guess no one would really need... like these kneaded scented erasers from Japan. I cant believe i bought these when I was there... lol.


Anyway.  I'll leave w/ something from Charles Spurgeon :

" "For my strength is made perfect in weakness."—2 Corinthians 12:9.  

A primary qualification for serving God with any amount of success, and for doing God's work well and triumphantly, is a sense of our own weakness. When God's warrior marches forth to battle, strong in his own might, when he boasts, "I know that I shall conquer, my own right arm and my conquering sword shall get unto me the victory," defeat is not far distant. God will not go forth with that man who marches in his own strength. He who reckoneth on victory thus has reckoned wrongly, for "it is not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, saith the Lord of hosts." They who go forth to fight, boasting of their prowess, shall return with their gay banners trailed in the dust, and their armour stained with disgrace. Those who serve God must serve Him in His own way, and in His strength, or He will never accept their service. That which man doth, unaided by divine strength, God can never own. The mere fruits of the earth He casteth away; He will only reap that corn, the seed of which was sown from heaven, watered by grace, and ripened by the sun of divine love. God will empty out all that thou hast before He will put His own into thee; He will first clean out thy granaries before He will fill them with the finest of the wheat. The river of God is full of water; but not one drop of it flows from earthly springs. God will have no strength used in His battles but the strength which He Himself imparts. Are you mourning over your own weakness? Take courage, for there must be a consciousness of weakness before the Lord will give thee victory. Your emptiness is but the preparation for your being filled, and your casting down is but the making ready for your lifting up.







"When I am weak then am I strong,
Grace is my shield and Christ my song.""
- Charles Spurgeon



Yess I read that recently. I am still in the process of figuring out what I am to do and where He wants me to serve.

2 comments:

xtineyyy said...

ohmygoshh im trying to figure out what i am to do & where i'm to serve toooo!!!!!! i REALLY REALLY HOPE WE GET TO MEET UP SOOONNN :)

lois said...

ohhh! so this is the post you were talking about right?! and now i know the end resulting of "wondering"! :)